Faqs / Does Overland Park Kansas require a thermal expansion tank?

Overland Park Kansas does require thermal expansion tanks to be installed on all closed loop systems. A closed loop system is created when a type of backflow device is used to protect potable water supply. Inspectors in Overland Park are considering a PRV as a backflow device and thus creating a closed loop system. If you have a PRV, you will need a thermal expansion tank.

Posted in: Plumbing code