KC Water Heaters is owned and operated by a licensed Master Plumber with a Fuel Gas Certification. We are a Google Guaranteed company which means our reviews have been verified and are fully qualified to complete the job.
As a locally owned company, we focus exclusively on Water Heaters. We will come prepared with a well stocked truck and guarantee the highest quality on water heater installation and service.
There are 6 factors that should be considered when replacing a gas water heater.
- 12″ rise and 4″ vent is recommended for atmospheric tanks.
- Flexible water connectors may fail faster than rigid copper.
- Backdraft testing and evaluation on every job.
- New ball valve installed and saddle valves removed.
- Thermal expansion tank may need installed.
- If the water Regulator is more than 12 years old, it may need placed.
A thermal expansion tank is required on closed loop systems. A thermal expansion tank must be supported and calibrated correctly.
We install a new PRV on almost every install to avoid the “yearly maintenance” that thermal expansion tanks may require.