KC Water Heaters is owned and operated by a licensed Master Plumber with a Fuel Gas Certification. We focus exclusively on Water Heaters which means we stock the right materials to make any necessary code upgrades to ensure the safest of installations.
There are 6 factors that should be considered when estimating cost to replace a water heater.
- 12″ rise and 4″ vent is recommended for atmospheric tanks.
- Flexible water connectors replaced with rigid copper.
- Backdraft testing and evaluation on every job .
- New ball valve installed and saddle valves removed.
- Thermal expansion tank installed and set to match pressure.
- Unless the PRV is less than 10 years old, it should be replaced.
Don’t get caught up on warranty. High water pressure can void the warranty of any water heater. Systems must be maintained! A thermal expansion tank is required on most systems, if you are lucky the thermal expansion tank will last up to 7 years. We install a new PRV on almost every install to reduce the “yearly maintenance” that thermal expansion tanks may require.